Wednesday, January 7, 2009

follow-up: Target.com responds

A Target.com rep promptly reponded to my e-mail inquiry/complaint about The Map. Here is an excerpt:

. . . I'm sorry that you found The Map: for the journey away from homosexuality offensive. We didn't mean to upset you, or anyone, by offering this item.

This item is actually an Amazon.com item that we feature on Target.com. When you search for an item on Target.com, we'll also search Amazon.com's selection of books, music and movies so you can have quick access to those items too. We do filter out some of the Amazon.com titles from these searches, and I'll share your comments with the team that handles that process.

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I hope you'll visit Target.com again. . . .

I stand corrected in my prior assumption that Target.com would never allow another company select and describe its product offerings. It's very bizarre.

No comments: