Sunday, November 5, 2006

Whirlwind Omaha Wedding

110406_ScottAtHolyCross.jpg110406_WeddingParty.jpg
110406_TheBarn.jpg110406_ScottAndNatasha.jpg
11042006_NatashaAndMe110306_ScottAtFirstNational.jpg

Wow, I just got back from my 48-hour trip to Omaha, NE, to join Scott at Jay and Paula's wedding. On Friday night, Scott picked me up at the airport and drove me through downtown before we arrived at the rehearsal dinner. The dinner was at Gorat's which is an old 1940's formal dining restaurant that has been made famous as billionaire Warren Buffett's favorite steakhouse.

The wedding and reception on Saturday were great. Jay and Paula were married in a traditional Catholic service at Holy Cross and the reception was held at a huge, historic barn. I got to meet and spend a little time with some of the people Scott and Paula often mentioned from their college days. We roomed with Natasha who was very entertaining and friendly. Scott was sorry that we didn't have any time to explore the town or show me some of his favorite places like Runza. However, I'm glad I was able to see the much-talked about wedding.

Scott and I have been awake since 2:00 AM Portland time to catch the plane today, so we're still a little dazed. I wish I took Monday off too so I can catch-up, but oh well.

No comments: