Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day snow (updated)


IMG_3973, originally uploaded by sweber4507.

Although it's not visible in the camera phone photo, it really did snow this Christmas Day. As seen in Scott's photo, it really did snow on Christmas Day. KGW reports it has been 17 years since Portland has had snow on Christmas Day. Fortunately, the snow didn't stick in the Portland-Vancouver area we traveled, but it was nice to see.

I was a really tired today. Last night, Scott and I decided to skip Christmas eve services so we could go to sleep early. However, at 11:45 PM, Tammam called and guilted me into upholding our annual tradition. I got dressed and met him at St. Mary's Cathedral just a couple blocks from the building. St. Mary's has a beautiful service, but the novelty of high church has worn thin. By 1:30, the Hallelulah Chorus grand finale was the only obstacle between me and bed.

No comments: