Friday, April 18, 2008

Margaret Cho's "Beautiful"

Tammam and I went to Margaret Cho's Beautiful stand-up show last night at The Schnitz. I know her last tour I saw in Portland during the 2004 election was a little too political to be funny, so I was a little apprehensive about her latest show. However, she returned her classic comedy routines last night about gays, lesbians, vaginas, and her own body functions while rallying to fight for gay rights, immigrant rights, self-worth, and other progressive and moral causes.

I couldn't find clip from her current show, but here is an earlier version of her comedy:

Her opening act Ian Harvie was also great. Initially, he appeared to be just an average, young gay man doing gay jokes. However, even the largely queer and queer-friendly audience was hushed when Harvie outed himself as a female-to-male transgendered person who dates women. For a moment, it was a little confusing, but he did a great job relating some his story.

No comments: