Sunday, May 4, 2008

Silver Falls State Park

Scott and I hiked Silver Falls State Park yesterday. We had originally planned on hiking the Eagle Creek Trail with Greg, but Greg had to work.

Here I am trying not to have my picture taken:


IMG_1835.jpg, originally uploaded by sweber4507.

Here is my crappy cellphone picture of Scott in front of a creepy, spider-like mess of trees:


050308_16341.jpg, originally uploaded by nojam75.

We hiked the eight-mail The Trail of Falls -- although we skipped the last falls, so it probably 7.8 miles. We were so sore.

TrailOfTenFall

Initially Scott wanted to stop every ten feet and photograph every flower and weed. I threw a tantrum and he sped-up the pace. However, we still managed to fill up his camera's memory card about a third of the way through the trail.

I've hiked the trail before, but I still find it amazing. We started at the Lower South Falls.


IMG_1732.jpg, originally uploaded by sweber4507.

Each waterfall is remarkable, but the North Falls is amazing. The trail runs through a massive cave under the falls.


IMG_2157.jpg, originally uploaded by sweber4507.

The scale of the cave is hard to show in photos. Here is a crappy cellphone video of the cave.

No comments: