Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Atonement: B

Atonement

Scott, ma, and I started our New Year's day watching Atonement. I loved this movie's story, although I thought the first half of the movie was so tedious that I began to regret not choosing The Golden Compass. I became even more weary when the story focused on a sitcom-ish scenario of someone accidentally sending a lewd note to their romantic interest. However, the story began to pick-up its pace and jumped ahead a few years. The story's conclusion was unexpected and bleak, but believeable. Scott even liked the love story's sad ending.

The performances were great. Oddly, Romola Garai reminded Scott and me of BSG's Katee Sackhoff. So it was like watching Starbuck in a World War II movie, but Scott and I might just be gay nerds who can't distinguish between our blond actresses.

No comments: