Sunday, February 3, 2008

Michael Clayton: C


Michael Clayton, originally uploaded by wbmovies.

Scott and I continued working through the best picture nominees. We watched Michael Clayton Saturday with Heather and Isabel.

It was a good movie with great performances by George Clooney, Tom Wilkinson, and Tilda Swinton. However, I can't say anything in this movie particularly stood out to me. It covered the familiar themes of conflicted lawyers, powerful evil corporations, midlife crisis, and mental illness. I can't say anything was wrong with the movie either. It told its story in an interesting way. My only minor complaint was how unclimatic and abrupt the ending was. However, I also have to credit the movie for letting the viewer figure out the rest of the story.

Ultimately, an average movie that probably would not have made the Oscar list if it wasn't such a weak year for movies.

No comments: