Monday, August 4, 2008

The Dark Knight: A-ish

Scott, his-coworkers and I saw the The Dark Knight on its opening a couple of weeks ago. It's a great movie that lives-up to all of the positive reviews. It's needless to say, but I will anyway, Heath Ledger was great as the much darker Joker. My only criticism was having to watch a long movie in a crowded theater with little leg room made the experience unpleasant.

It's also a much darker and more realistic movie. It even makes its serious predessor Batman Begins seem a little cartoonish. It seems like this movie was made for those of us who grew up with Tim Burton's Batman and are now ready for an even darker story.

However, I have to admit that I do miss the silly, over-the-top, comic book movies Batman and Batman Forever. I can't believe it's been 19 years since the original Batman movie came out (well, excluding the TV series' 1966 Batman movie).

No comments: