While poking through some of the conservative blogs, I came upon this funny 'How To Make Your Child A Gay Activist' blog post from Eve Tushnet. Here are some highlights:
. . . Let's say you, like many Christian parents, have a child with strong and lasting homosexual longings. . . .
. . . How do you make it as hard as possible for your child to accept Christian chastity and humility, rather than seeking solace in gay pride?
Let's begin at the beginning....
1. Worry about whether your kid is too girly or too tomboy. . . .
2. Let your kid think your love is conditional. . . .
What about when your child tells you he's gay?
3. Find someone to blame. . . .
4. Use the right phrases. "Risky lifestyle" is a good one; . . .
5. Now is a good time to bring up the Church's teachings. . . .
6. The only good gay is an ex-gay! . . .
What about the long term?
7. "Help" is a four-letter word. . . .
8. "Sorry" is for sissies. . . .
9. Most importantly, don't pray. . . .
(via Peter Ould's An Exercise in the Fundamentals of Orthodoxy blog)